2015 PRICE [Payment must be included with form in order to receive sample kit]
- $33.00/DNA test request for members [member number must be included to get member price]
- $38.00/DNA test request for nonmembers
INSTRUCTIONS [All required items must be filled out completely.]
- Identification: All goats DNA tested through ABGA must have ABGA identification (either a registration number, certificate of pedigree, or listing paper number).
- Parent Verification: If you are requesting parent verification, check the type of verification (either sire, dam, or both), and BE SURE to fill in the Sire and/or Dam registration number and VGL Case ID Number. If you do not have a VGL Case number, you must purchase a sample ID kit for each parent you are verifying.
- The ABGA Office downloads requests every Friday. All requests, both mail and email are processed and sent to UC Davis electronically on Monday.
- UC Davis will EMAIL your Sample Kit(s) to your email address within ten (10) business days of submission to ABGA. [If you did not provide an Email Address, the Sample Kit(s) will be mailed to you.]
- If you do not receive your Sample Kit within 2 weeks, CHECK YOUR JUNK EMAIL. If it is not there, call the ABGA office.
PULLING AND SENDING SAMPLE [The Sample kit includes instructions on how to pull the hair for the test and send it to UC Davis.]
- 1. Be sure to get the roots of the hair sample.
- 2. Be sure to use a clean envelope.
- 3. Be sure to write the goats information on the envelope [name, registration number, your name].
- Send the DNA Sample to UC Davis following the instructions in the Sample Kit you received.
- Send the confirmation to ABGA.
DNA TEST REQUIREMENTS [From Rule 801]
B. Beginning January 1, 2015, DNA testing will be required for all bucks (registered or unregistered) before offspring are eligible for registration when the offspring is a result of:
- i. Live coverage mating occurring on or after January 1, 2015; or
- ii. Artificial insemination using semen collected after January 1, 2015; or
- iii. Embryo transfer using semen meeting the criteria in either Rule 801.B.i or 801.B.ii.
[From ABGA Rule 802–I] In cases where the submitting party is not the owner of record, an unopened vial, straw, or other container containing semen that has been identified in accordance with Rule 401.B is required for DNA test results to be accepted by ABGA.
You can ask additional questions at the bottom of the explanation page above.
Questions are answered within 48 business hours.
If you would rather use a paper DNA Test Kit Request form and mail it in, you can follow this link to the Forms page:
DNA PAPER REQUEST FORM
ON-LINE DNA TEST REQUEST FORM
NOTE: Your sample must be received by VGL at UC DAVIS WITHIN 60 DAYS OF ISSUE of the Sample Kit or the kit will be canceled and you will need to purchase another kit.