• We have finally been able to have some positive communication with ABRI to begin the process to update ILR Online to the new platform which after some growing pains will help alleviate many of the issues we are currently experiencing.
• Staffing has been an issue throughout the pandemic. We are currently operating with a staff of 3 full-time and 2 part-time employees. We are pleased that we were able to find an agency this week that will be able to send some additional workers to have additional staff and help in the office.
• We are implementing an issues log to be used by this board and the office. We encourage anyone with issues, which have not been resolved in a timely manner, to contact their director who will help gather pertinent information to add to the log.
• New Rules have been added to assist members with registrations for show.
o 1400. A v. An animal that may be verified as registered in the web-based database of ABGA will be accepted in lieu of registration certificate. Verification must be provided by the exhibitor in either digital or print to the show secretary. JABGA ownership must be verified using the transfer history on the animal pedigree if the certificate is not provided.
o 1400.A.vi. Original registration certificates are required, except that a copy of a registration application, stamped with the date received by ABGA, can be accepted for kids less than 6 months of age. This temporary rule will expire on 12-31-2020 and revert back to rule 1400. A. iii.
ABGA Board of Directors
Effective Immediately: The ABGA Office will be closed on Wednesdays until further notice for staff training and development.
Congratulations to the following individuals, who were each elected to a three-year term on the Board of Directors.
Click for an illustration of the voter results.
Region 6: David Carwell
Region 10: Troy Veal
Region 11: Cindy Price-Westfall
Region 13: Kathy Daves-Carr
Region 14: John Charles Riley
As much of the United States begins to enter into periods of both self- and government-issued quarantines from the COVID-19, the Board of Directors urges everyone to stay safe and carry over many biosecurity measures, which are currently used on farms, to continue keeping your family safe. Personal hygiene techniques are absolutely critical to combating this virus.
Decisions on ABGA sanctioned shows will be made by individual show secretaries at local levels, using state and local health standards and regulations. The ABGA Board encourages each show secretary to make decisions based on the safety and well-being of everyone who could be traveling to and from the shows.
The Board of Directors will continue to keep the members informed as decisions are made. We want to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our exhibitors, vendors and spectators at all shows, and we will continue to monitor events that will require judges to travel during this time.
Our goal is to offer guidance to our show secretaries and members in any capacity to keep everyone safe.
San Angelo Office Relocation Update
To All Members & Visitors
As we continue to monitor COVID -19, the well-being and health of our staff and members are our top priority. For this reason, the ABGA Office will be closed to ALL visitors until further notice.
During this time, pick up service will not available. On business days, a drop box will be located outside of the main entrance door and will be brought in at the close of business. All mail and work dropped off will NOT be touched for a minimum of 24 hours after being brought in.
At the current time, staff will remain at the office to answer phones and emails as time permits. Keep in mind that work can be submitted by email at email@example.com and by fax at 325-486-2637. Original certificates are still required to be surrendered for transfers and corrections. We appreciate your support during this time.
The San Angelo office has moved to its new location.
The new address is:
American Boer Goat Association
4258 S Jackson St
San Angelo, Texas 76903
Here are some points to help you as we transition to this news space.
- Any mail or packages sent via UPS and FedEx to the old address will be returned to the original sender. This mail is NOT being forwarded.
- Mail sent via USPS (Post Office) is being forwarded.
- The phone lines, emails and online live are in full working order.
WHO WE ARE
ABGA is a registry association offering marketing and education information, and registration and pedigree tracking for producers and youth in the commercial meat goat, show stock and seed stock industries.
AWARDS & SHOW RESULTS
ABGA sanctioned shows give breeders of ABGA registered goats a cost-effective way to showcase the results of their program, and compare their results to those of other breeders.
SCHEDULE of EVENTS
Events, seminars and shows are listed on the Event’s Calendar page. For a quick search for Show or Seminar information, visit the “Find a Show” or “Find a Seminar” page.